Riot Games released update 1.14, adding some map changes, and adding a new snowball fight mode.
- Changes to Sage’s Barrier Orb: Barrier Orb can no longer be placed during Buy phase.
Now Barrier does not loses health over time, if fortified. Barrier starts to decline just a few seconds before it expires.
- Icebox map update: Site A has been simplified and the height of the vertical areas are reduced.
- The height of the A Belt area has been reduced and is now connected to the platform below via a ramp. As a result, upper A Belt area is in line with the rest of the uprightness in the site. Also, now it requires minimal vertical movement of the crosshair to acquire targets on high.
- A see-through gate has been added that cannot be passed from the ground level. This allows you to foresee attackers approaching the site and defenders retaking the site.
- The wall has been sloped and the double stack of Radianite crates in the site has been replaced with a smaller object. This facilitates attackers to approach the site more cautiously, and defenders to retake the site quicker.
- The height of the yellow container has been reduced.
- Limited mode, Snowball Fight, will commence on 15th December and will end on 29th December, 2020.
- In-game player cards once again displays Act Rank Badge.
- Now Act Ranks and Match History have its own specific section under Career page.
- New feature called Night.Market has been introduced. Night.Market is an in-game store where each player will receive six chances to acquire a random weapon skin at a discount.
- To lower the amount of AFKs and INTing in unrated games, Valorant has updated the requirement to unlock ranked mode. Now you have to win ten unrated matches to unlock competitive play.