Finally, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate received an update 10.1 on December 22nd, 2020. Highlight of the update is entry of Sephiroth into the battlefield. Also, couple of fighters received the balance changes. Let’s look into the details.
- One of the most anticipated DLC character, the antagonist from Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth joins the battle.
Sephiroth is now available as paid DLC in #SmashBrosUltimate! Become the One-Winged Angel and wield the iconic Masamune sword today!— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) December 23, 2020
Available individually or as a part of Fighters Pass Vol. 2. https://t.co/t1vzBvYg6s pic.twitter.com/JwWnDdRph1
- Chocobo & Moogle, Aerith, Red XIII, Cid, Cait Sith, Vincent, Yuffie, The Turks & Rufus Shinra, Tifa, Shiva, Barret, Ifrit, and Bahamut ZERO - these spirits are now available in shop offline.
- Now you can switch between different Cloud's spirit artwork.
- Sephiroth Challenger Pack, Chocobo Hat, Aerith's Outfit, Geno Hat and Outfit, Tifa's Outfit, and Barret's Outfit are available for purchase from the online shop.
- You can no longer save the videos of replays that contain premium DLC such as fighters, stages, music, and Mii Fighter costumes which you have not purchased.
- Now you can switch between Random from My Music and Random from all songs for the Final Destination stages, Battlefield, Small Battlefield, and Big Battlefield.
- Cloud's P2, P4, P6, and P8 color variations in the Final Smash has been changed to Omnislash Version 5.
- Duck Hunt’s Side Smash Attack has been made easier to hit multiple times.
- Mii Gunner’s Up Throw launch angel has been adjusted and attack range has been increased for the shot fired after the throw.
- Rosalina & Luma’s Forward Air Attack has been made easier to hit multiple times. Also, attack range has been decreased above the skirt's hemline and final attack's range has been increased.
- Toon Link’s and Young Link’s Up Special move has been made easier to hit multiple times when using it in the air.
- Pichu’s Side Smash Attack range has been increased.
- Zelda’s Side Smash Attack has been made easier to hit multiple times and final attack's range has been increased.
- Luigi’s Dash Attack has been made easier to hit multiple times.
- Fox’s Down Air Attack and Forward Air Attack have a wider range now. Also, these moves have been made easier to hit multiple times.